Monday, January 11, 2016

Another Day at Work


So here I am, up at Snowbird, near the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon, one of my most favorite places in the world. This canyon has become a sanctuary, a gym, an office, a place of worship, a social venue, an escape. Today I'm working in the Clinic, a small modpodge medical facility sitting beneath the iconic Tram. My titles here are varied: CCT, EMT, and 590 (my assigned ski patrol radio number). If you ask patrol, my job is to drive the white clinic van around all day, known as "the vehicle." If you ask my friends down in the valley, my job is to be up in the mountains playing in the snow. But like other jobs in the medical field, I am inside a building sitting among gurneys with pristine white exam paper and various machines for examination. But there's something about just knowing I'm in the mountains that makes it different. To be continued... another patient is checking in...

No comments: